DFM/DFA optimization in design and manufacturing
At each successive step of the New Product Introduction (NPI) process, the cost of rectifying a product design problem increases enormously. Sintecs uses the Mentor Graphics Valor NPI platform to provide comprehensive Design For Manufacturing (DFM) and Design For Assembly (DFA) analysis that can be applied concurrently with the design flow for maximum advantage, or at entry to manufacturing.
Resolve manufacturing and assembly issues early in the process to save time and money
For PCB designers, Valor NPI provides concurrent DFM/DFA analysis during the design process, applying almost 700 manufacturing rules to the design ensuring minimum revision spins in manufacturing.
The DFM/DFA analysis flow can be set up to automatically analyze each new version and pinpoint all potential manufacturing problems directly in the CAD system.
For manufacturing NPI and process engineers, Valor NPI provides comprehensive analysis to prove new products match the fabrication processes. BOM, AVL and component analysis ensure the design complies with assembly and test processes. Rapid feedback to the PCB designer allows DFM corrections and/or improvements to be implemented before manufacture.
Advantages of Sintecs DFM/DFA analysis service:
- Reduces the number of design revisions required to bring a new design to volume production release
- Lowers total product cost by enabling automated DFM early in the design and NPI process
- Improves the reliability of a design by locating manufacturing risks to be managed ahead of the production processes
- Provides the interface between design and manufacture to ensure smooth transition to production
- Reduces the amount of time spent on supplier "call-backs" to the designer
- Works with all major PCB layout and manufacturing tools, supported by Mentor Graphics OpenDoor partnering program