Training "Signal integrity, power integrity, and high speed design"
The training Signal integrity, power integrity and high speed design makes you familiar with high speed design and signal integrity / power integrity issues at the board level. The training addresses transmission lines and their effects on digital circuitry and printed circuit boards.
In the training, signal integrity and power integrity examples from real-world designs are presented to demonstrate the necessity of understanding signal integrity issues and applying sound signal integrity principles to your PCB designs.
What you will learn
In this three day class, you will gain a better understanding of:
- Transmission lines and their effect on digital circuitry
- Printed circuit boards: drivers, receivers, Zo, Zdiff, stackup
- Termination, topology, timing, parasitics, etc
- Differential pair: routing, timing, crosstalk, common mode, terminating, multi-GHz
- Crosstalk: microstrip vs stripline, forward & reverse, timing & jitter, understanding and preventing
- Power integrity: planes, stackup, capacitors – ESL, size, location, mounting inductance
- Reference planes: ground, power, return currents, splits, crosstalk, stitch caps
- Vias: reference changes, stub lengths, stackup, making high speed vias, impedance
- Connectors: pinouts for high speed return current & crosstalk
- PCB losses: Skin effect, dielectric loss – DF or tan(δ), FWE Fiber Weave Effect, copper roughness, microstrip vs stripline,
- S parameters: what they mean, how they can help
- Testing issues: equipment, probes, test points
- Models: IBIS, drivers, receivers, simulators and accuracy
- Digital Design Engineers
- ECAD Designers with some high speed experience
- Technicians with High Speed experience
- Those who would like to further their knowledge on Printed Circuit Board Signal Integrity issues.
- No advanced math is needed
- October 7, 8, and 9, 2019.
- Hengelo, The Netherlands
- Teacher: Rod Strange
- Language: English
€ 1995€1745 (early bird until July 12, 2019) ex VAT for a three day training, including training materials and lunch.
- There is a minimum of 10 registrations and a maximum of 20 registrations for this training.
- Registration possible until 7 September.
Sign up for the training Signal Integrity, Power Integrity, and High Speed Design (or request more information)
Yes, I’m interested in the training Signal integrity, power integrity and high speed design.